How can someone so religious tell you about your lifestyle? adult content

I have a aunt and uncle that preches about marriage and living in sin but I dont understand she had awhole man staying in her house and they wasnt married? what you think about that? Then I have a ex mother in law that is married and wants me and her son to get back together and be married but the thing is her husband has got sickly and she still having affairs and that is why me and her son isn't together how can you preach good things to others when you have alot of faults?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you don't walk the talk then that is all it is...talk. We show by example not preaching. People learn to tune it all out.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Don't concern yourself with the morals of other people. Your concerns are with your journey; figure out what is right and wrong for you, and don't worry whether someone else is doing the right thing or not; you can't impose right and wrong on others: That's a war you'll never win.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• "she had awhole man staying in her house and they wasnt married? what you think about that?"

Oh, I thought only living with half a man was a sin....sidesplittinglaughter

Anonymous

• Just worry about yourself, and your morals. Not anyone else's.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 9:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• *chuckle* anon... that was actually funny.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I couldn't help myself. hehe
    Anonymous

• Everybody has faults, but if you don't practice what you preach, you are a hypocrite.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thinking about it, many of us who have made mistakes in the past (or even the present!) are among those who want to keep others from doing the same, so they don't have to live with the same problems, guilt, etc. Sometimes it is hypocritical, but sometimes it is genuinely trying to help and to improve themselves. Many religions are very into repentance and

I agree with the PP. Just think about what you feel is right for yourself, according to your own moral or religious beliefs, and don't worry about the others. Then, when they bug you, you can tell them you are living according to your beliefs and be all serene about it, and they won't be able to say anything.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Maybe they are trying to help you (and others) stay away from what they have done. It's not unusual for sinners to try to protect others from falling in to their footsteps. I'd just thank them and go on. Don't Judge, that will really screw things up for ya

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• as for not practicing what one preaches makes them a hypocrite, that's not nice. It makes them a struggling sinner like the rest of us. Let's not Judge. Let's just do what we know is right as best we can.
    Anonymous