Has your Milk come in yet??

Has your milk come in and if so when?

Mine hasn't yet and I'm 36 wks, getting alittle worried, cuz I really want to Breastfeed.

babyhuey2

Asked by babyhuey2 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your milk wont come in till about 3-5 days after you deliver :)
    zackarysmommy

Answer by zackarysmommy at 9:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I never had a hint of colostrum with any of my babies till they were born. Not one drop. Even my milk was late (like 5-6 days)! But I nursed them for 14 months, 12 months, and 2 1/2 years respectively.

Don't worry. You will be FINE :-)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• your milk doesn't come in until after you deliver your baby.

FIRST you typically have colostrum which is what you will start producing after labor.. your baby will drink this for up to 3-5 days. This is a yellow like liquid that comes out that is VERY high in immunities for the baby. After which your milk will come in.

So don't freak out. In fact this is the perfect time to get in touch with a lactate consultant and discuss a breastfeeding plan, to learn all the ups and downs and dos and don'ts of breastfeeding.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• with my first mine came in 3 days after...there was just the clear colostrum during those 3 days

with the second mine came in about 12 hours after giving birth

don't worry, your body is designed for this!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm 34 weeks and can produce colostrum after a shower. Kind of shocked me at first - was putting lotion on and saw "liquid gold" coming from my gals. I've left them alone since then...
    Sally33

Answer by Sally33 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011