Do you think people rreally have sex addictions?

I was in a relationship for eight yrs and we had sex on a regular basis but at times I caught him looking at flicks I started to think and feel like I'm not the one for him. Why he felt he had to masturbate all the time even if we had sex that day/night?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I personally kinda doubt that particular one, and I have a degree in psychology and a lot of tolerance and respect for folks with various "issues". Sex addiction to me sounds just too much like a narcissist with no self-control.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes, I do think there are people with true sex addictions but some people just use that as an excuse to cheat.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I used to think my boyfriend was addicted to sex too. It hurts your feelings and makes you feel terrible. My boyfriend would go into the bathroom with his phone, turn on the ceiling vent and wank away while I was in our room quietly reading a book.
    I solved this by telling him I don't like it when he does this, I feel its disrespectful and I don't like him looking at porn at all. So I compromised with him. I said he can look at porn with me. But not alone. If you're comfortable with this, I'd give it a go.... But this is an EX we are talking about isn't it? Nevermind then :)
    Kaylapoo

Answer by Kaylapoo at 9:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think people have high sex drives. But addictied to sex. No. I do not think so..

Answer by louise2 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sexual addiction has nothing to do with the sex they have. It's an emotional thing and sex is just the tool used to try to satisfy it. So yes, it's real. My SO is a sex addict and it's not sexy, it's sad but when we love someone we try to get them help & not take it personally.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• That is the thing I was confused about bc its not like I didnt have sex with him on a regular it was starting to turn me off and make me feel Im wasting my time. Sometimes when I would I to go to work and come back and maybe I would be hot he cant perform bc he done ejacuated already by watching the flicks it got played out.....
    mystery8307

Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think some people have issues with greed and excess, and that can apply to any number of things.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• On the other hand I did agree to watch it with him but it dont interest me. I would talk to him about it and he didnt have no ans to it, It would be like every day or every other day. Then when we broke up he says he wasnt get sex and the sex has change, bull sh** bc I gave it up even when I didnt feel like it and of course I kinda did turn myself off bc I felt I wasnt turning him on bc he was watching flicks all the time
    mystery8307

Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• because almost all guys masturbate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• ye aalot of em do both do they have to do it all the time? Even if they staying with a women i dont think so
    mystery8307

Comment by mystery8307 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011