im 19th weeks pregnant i been thinking about adoption

what should i do this is going to be my 2nd child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Adoption

• You can call adoption agencies and look online even if you're not sure with your decision. They won't hook you up to families until you know it's your choice. It's always something you can look into though. Good luck.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I honestly don't think calling an adoption agency is the right thing if you aren't sure. I'm sorry but most agencies goals are to get your baby and they won't do much in helping you decide. They will pretty much give you one option. And that is to give up your baby. I suggest seeing a pregnancy crisis counselor.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• There are a lot of groups on cafemom that deal with adoption. If you go to my page and look at my goups, you can look through some of them. You'll be able to meet couples looking to adopt, adoptee's and birthmoms. One of them that I highly recommend for anyone considering adoption is the Birthmom group. Here is the link to it: http://www.cafemom.com/group/4974 . I wish the best of luck for you and your baby in whatever you decide.
    BobMariah

Answer by BobMariah at 11:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My husband and I have been hoping to adopt. I am 34 and he is 37. We have been married for nine years. My husband is a computer programmer and I am a stay at home mom. We would love to give a little one a loving and stable family. If you are interested I would love to get to know you. You can get in contact with me by going to my home page.

Love,
    Michelle
    hopingforanange

Answer by hopingforanange at 1:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sorry I forgot one more thing. You should really talk to someone just to make sure this is what you really want. Maybe you should ask social services how to find someone to talk too. They have social workers that can talk to you about this. I really wouldn't go to an agency though if you are still don't know what you want to do. I have heard horror stories about how they convince girls into adoptions that are still considering their options. The reason why is they make money off the adoption. Somewhere around 9,000 so they are not always the best people to talk too. A social worker has nothing to gain or lose so she will probably have your best interest at heart. Good luck.

Love,
    Michelle
    hopingforanange

Answer by hopingforanange at 1:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would suggest locating a reputable attorney in your local area who handles adoptions. They can help you understand the process, and having someone locally allows them to help you personally rather than over the phone. Make sure to ask them if they offer counseling. If you feel that they are pressuring you in any way, don't hesitate to look for help elsewhere. You should not feel pressured to make any decisions, and an ethical attorney will be willing and able to help you without doing so.
    adoptionsc

Answer by adoptionsc at 4:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I suggest looking at the groups on cafemom, and they will lead you to other groups. If it is due to financial burdens, go to a crisis pregnancy center (usually the right to life gives parenting options). If you go to a counseling center and they don't examine parenting and give you your options, go to another one.
    If you do decide to place your child for adoption, research the agency/attorney who you use. You want one that is supportive of expectant parents and provide followup counseling.
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 4:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I cannot believe someone actually propositioned her for her baby here....waitingforange....that's a low blow.

Look into public assistance. DO NOT contact any agency or lawyer looking for advice on your options, they will only give you one option: giving up your baby. If you have family to help, go to them as well. If you are still thinking adoption, at least wait until after you give birth and have time to spend with your baby. Agencies, lawyers and crisis pregnancy centers will be all over you like white on rice if you even mention the word "adoption" to them and they will be all up on you while you are recovering in the hospital wanting you to sign away your parental rights. Give birth, spend time with baby, get discharged and take baby home and see if you can do it....if you tried and cannot, then look into adoption.
    Anonymous

• Be warned adoption is big business and your baby is a very valuable commodity to many people. Check out the CM group "Pregnant and Considering Options"   http://www.cafemom.com/group/26942  You'll find advice and links to places that can help you keep your baby.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• HOW DARE hopingforanange would try and expoit this woman...DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR BABY!!!!
    Kidsmamabear

Answer by Kidsmamabear at 9:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008