Kicked out of church?

would you be willing to do something that wouldget you kicked out of church if you knew god wanted you to do it? im not talking about anything bad like killing someone or something like robbing a bank. (and if god tells you to rob a bank id be looking into meds)

takes_a_village

Asked by takes_a_village at 9:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't belong to a chuch that would discriminate me like that. My church loves and welcomes all people.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Well my autistic sons got us kicked out of a church. I was told I was welcome to come back without them. I really don't think God wanted me to take them just so we could be kicked out though. Not sure what you are driving at with this question. That's what I get for being a blonde. Can you clarify a little better??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm trying to imagine how I'd get kicked out of my church. I can imagine how I'd get a good talking-to (it's actually kind of tempting, to see what would happen and hassle the pastor on his last weeks) but I think they're in the forgiveness business, not the kicking people out business.

I'd have to seriously hurt someone (or many people) and refuse to change

Doubting God would do that. If God told me to go against his own laws, I would be very confused. I'd probably ask the pastor. That would be funny "Hey pastor, so God is telling me to stand on the pew and shout 'Dan is evil and doesn't answer emails" during the 11 o'clock service so I'll get kicked out. That's a lie. What should I do?"

Sorry, the whole thing is making me imagine lots of hilarious scenarios.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• what are you referring to?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Do you mean something like cutting my hair and wearing pants to a Pentecostal church, or something similar? I would not purposely do anything that goes against the Bible. The Bible is my ultimate authority, not a church.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• But anyway it's a hypothetical for me. I don't believe in God anymore. i suppose if I knew 100% for sure and the reason behind it then yes. I would get kicked out again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Why would any church kick someone out?! Doesn't that go against the very foundation of forgiveness and love?!!!

Answer by sahmamax2
    XXXXXXXXX

not really excommunication is a part of the church. It isn't so much about forgiving, often times, the person(s) excommunicated are not asking or wanting forgiveness. This was a topic when a priest had his excommunication lifted a few years ago. Their were stipulations about what the priest(I actually think it was a bishop) said about the holocaust. There are other instances when a priest will refuse to follow the rules of the church such as after Vattican II churches and bishops that refused the changes were excommunicated. We, the Church as a whole, don't hate or refuse to forgive those that are not following Vattican II. We still love and forgive our fellow Christians,however, they are not in union with Rome
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 1:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• When someone is excommunicated they aren't through out of the Church. They are more then welcome to continue to go. To learn, they can't take communion though as they aren't in communion with the church. Also it's not the Church that excommunicated you it's you yourself that does this. Now in the Church that i grew up in I was asked not to come back the membership classes, because I asked too many questions that the Minister couldn't or wouldn't answer. Only to find out through my questioning that I was Catholic.
    daps

Answer by daps at 7:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Maybe you need a more realistic example - a lot of faiths will still throw you out for children out of wedlock. LDS being one of them. Most people aren't going to get married just to please their church, but there are still quite a few who will (and then the church gets on them for the inevitable divorce a few years down the road, go figure).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• giggle
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2011