Braxton hix congrations already?

im 20wks and i think i may be having these contractions already is that possible? MY tummy gets really tight on and of through out the day they dont hurt just kind of annoying. with my first i never noticed them i dont think i have had them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They can start as early as 14 weeks I have heard. I have gotten one or two and I am 23 weeks. That does sound like BH.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It is very possible. I had pretty strong contractions at 20wks also. Thay were due to some "strenous" (wink,wink) activities. Time them and if they are erratic with no real pattern, then you should be fine. If they seem to go on every few minutes and for a few hours, thencall your obgyn. They will tell you if you should go to the hospital or not.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• glad you asked i am 18 wks and thought i was but i had an emerg. c sec, never had labor and they scared me!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I started getting mine at like 13 or 14 weeks
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 12:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• IT IS POSSIBLE AND SINCE IT IS HAPPENEING SO SOON YOU MAY NEED TO BE ON BEDREST FOR THE END OF YOUR PREGNANCY.
    DRINK WATER, IT USUALLY IS THE MIRACLE CURE.
    GET OFF YOUR FEET AND DRINK PLENTY WATER. SOMETIMES THE CONTRACTIONS IS JUST YOUR BODY TELLING YOU YOU ARE OVER DOING IT AN/OR YOU NEED MORE WATER.DONT BE TOO WORRIED, JUST WATCH FOR BLEEDING AND YOU WILL BE OK.
    GL
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008