Single moms w/ young school aged kids

My son is getting ready to go to kindergarten soon and my dh lives in another state. I'm looking for a job but I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I won't have any help is anything, so how do other moms handle it? He will get out of school at 2 and most full time jobs end at 5 I have no clue what to do.

Keyonsmom

Asked by Keyonsmom at 9:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Daycare

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• A lot of schools have After School Care at the school. Check in to that.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Agree with admckenzie. Also, if your school doesn't offer it, a lot of daycares have vans/buses to pick up the child.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• So prior to this you have been a single mom without a job? How does that work?
    Anonymous

• Some schools have after school care or daycares can pick kids up at school for afternoon care.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Most day care centers have afterschool care, they pick them up even. I believe the YMCA also does this.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• After school care at the schools, but you'll have to limit your job search to jobs that have hours between 8-5.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would just go looking for a job near home that you can leave at 2 at the latest. Or daycare or babysitter for a couple hours.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 10:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My sons school had a latch key program and he would stay at school until I got of work. It cost a bit less than a regular day car and they saw to it that he got his homework done while he was there. It was nice because when we got home, he would go over his homework with me while I made dinner and then we had the rest of the evening to ourselves.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• most schools have an afterchool program (ours is called a wrap around program) they can be dropped off early and picked up later
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011