Kid friendly lactose free birthday cake and frosting recipe

Does anybody have a good one that's not to expensive or hard to find the stuff for? It's for his 1st birthday so I need something that will be good for a young child,his only issues are with lactose we've been cleared for dairy since he hasn't had a reaction in 5 months but lactaid is still an arm and a leg so we're very open to other milk replacements(ok hemp milk makes me uncomfortable but the others are good).

I also need something for ice cream, so what do you think almond,coconut or soy?

One last question that everybody can answer chocolate,vanilla or something else(if it's this one please explain)?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 10:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try this website here.... LINK  It has everything from Chocolate cake to Carrot cake and everything in between!    PLus frosting.  I looked at the basic yellow recipe and it seems to just replace the butter with margarine and the milk with soy or almond milk.  Fairly easy...  Also check out this site.  It claims that some box mixes are dairy free, use soy instead.  LINK  I would double check that by reading lables acrefully though!

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2011