Question about spousal abuse?

Say you are fighting with your husband and he gets physical. Just pushing and stuff...it finally ends with him spitting on you and then you crying cleaning up the floor while he takes a shower....would you leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• No, i wouldn't leave, but the cast iron frying pan upside his head would have him gone, either in a body bag or to the hospital. If he got the lucky option of going to the hospital, his stuff would be packed and waiting for him when he got released.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes, I would leave. No one deserves to be treated that way.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yep, it'll only get worse, not better. While he was in the shower I would of gotten all of my stuff and the baby's and have been gone. If you do stick around and not stand up for yourself he'll think your just a door mat and can keep doing it.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yes ofcourse leave and file a restraining order against him.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yea! Id leave. It happened to me and I called my parents at 2 AM in the morning to pick me up since I didnt drive to his house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yes! i would also do what i could to ruin his life, he knows (my dh does that i would really go off the deep end if anything like that ever happened) i dont think anyone would judge you for it, i would call his work, his family and tell them about it too. i would want everyone to outcast him like the trash he deserves to be treated like. if my dh ever spit on me i would really go crazy!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Unless he was willing to get into counseling, then yes I would leave. It always starts with "just pushing and stuff" but always gets worse. It doesn't sound like he was even remotely sorry either. You deserve better sweetie.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Nope he wouldnt live through the spitting on me
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• depending on how much you are willing to save your marriage. I would go to couples counceling, if he is unwilling, divorce would be the only other way I would go.
    jax639

Answer by jax639 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would leave but probably in handcuffs to be honest
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008