LOL... what advice would you have given???

My 17 yr old daughter went over to her boyfriends house to watch a movie with him and his dad. His dad is a widower and he has no sisters (VERY nice family). Well her concern is that she is on her period and she doesnt remember ever seeing a waste basket in their bathroom. So what does she do if she has to change out her tampon?

LMBO... I guess the question took me by surprise and my reaction (laughing) wasnt too helpful.

What advice would you have given???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Keep a baggie in her purse, to dispose of later....or just wrap it in a lot of tissue and throw it in the trash in the kitchen. BFs dad know about periods, I'm sure.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would advise her to take her purse and keep a ba so she can seal it in that and throw it away later.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Buy the totally flush-able ones!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Lol!! I went through that at my grandparents house. Neither of the bathrooms in their house has a trash can. Tell her just to wrap it in the wrapper and wrap that in toilet paper. She can either keep it in her purse til she gets home or she can throw it away in the kitchen.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I put a small zip lock in her purse for her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i would have given the ziplock too for her purse. but seriously.... who doesnt have a trash can in their bathroom? that is odd.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• definitely a little zip lock bag.. too funny!
    wifeNmom76

Answer by wifeNmom76 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• LOL
    I had this issue @ my ex bf's house.
    The mom had a bathroom is her bedroom so she didnt have to worry about it! When I was over I had to use the "boys" bathroom & there was NO garbage! I didnt want to flush my tampons bc Id DIE if they clogged the toilet. The 1st year I was sooo embarrased and stressed over it that I tried to make sure that I wouldnt be there when I would need to change it. Once I was comfortable with his family, I would just wrap it in TP and take it to the kitchen garbage. I dont think anyone EVER paid attention @ that point it just looks like a a booger tissue that I was tossing!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2011