How Do U Pray???

What does your opening sounds like...

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 10:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is a person like us,i just talk to him like im talking to a friend, or my dad.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sometimes, I simply talk with the assumption that God knows everything, the prayer is just a method for me to get my thoughts in order and for us to "talk", then it's just like I was talking to anyone in the room, but I don't have to say "hey God" because well, I'm making the assumption He knows I'm talking to Him.

Of course, there are times I'll say the Lord's prayer also, which is more formalised.

And then the times in between when I have to start a "proper" prayer, like for my kids I'll say "Dear God", but "Dear Heavenly Father" or "Dear Lord" or whatever, I have no clue and panic and avoid any situation when others are around, apart from my kids, because I imagine there are times and places for each type of prayer-starter, and I never know what's appropriate when. So I will be reading here to see what others say!

Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Well, I begin with the Lord's prayer, then I just say whatever I feel I need to pray about or say. The words usually come easier after I say the Lord's prayer first. Probably bc it gives me somewhere to start.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think of it somewhat as like writing my thoughts in a journal. I always give thanks for what he has done and blessed me with. Then I ask for needs or things that I feel need his hand in (sick friends, kids being extra rowdy, or just patience and energy). Then I usually close by giving thanks again. Anyway you do it, he hears.
    Dakee

Answer by Dakee at 10:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Depends on my mood at the time. Heavenly father, dear god, Hey You if I'm pissed. I also don't just pray to god. so eh
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I don't have an "opening" I just talk to the Gods like I would any other friend.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Dear Lord, Dear Heavenly Father, Dear Jesus...
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Dear Lord, Dear Heavenly Father, Dear Jesus
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• By the Earth that is Her Body,
    The Air that is Her Breath,
    By the Fire that is Her Bright Spirit,
    and the Living Waters of Her Womb...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Depends. Dear Lord, usually.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 10:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2011