I wish I could shove those words right back into my mouth

Earlier today me and DH....well we didnt really get into a fight or an argument or anything but I found out that he didnt turn in some paperwork that he should have turned in 2 weeks ago and because he procrastinated for so long our money is going to be short next month and we're not going to be able to pay our full rent...I asked him why he didn't turn the paperwork in, his excuse is that he's been tired...I don't understand why he was tired because he's been on paternity leave for the last 2 weeks and only went back to work on Monday but whatever....

Long story short, after...well not really arguing about the situation...but talking loudly about it lol he left the room, when he came back he told me that he wouldnt let me down...I told him that he already had let me down....as soon as the words were out of my mouth I wished I could grab them and stuff them right back down my throat...his face....it was obvious that I really hurt him...

God I feel terrible...I apologized to him before he left for work tonight, we kissed and he told me again that he wouldnt let me down and said that me apologizing really meant alot to him but I still feel sick to my stomach over what I said...I guess I don't really have a question...I just needed to talk about it

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• sorry that this happened today. I hope that you can work thru it. As bad as it feels they were your true feelings and now that they are out and you have apologized for them he may in the future understand what is important to you and he won't let you down. i hope things get better for ya.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I know how you feel. DH has done that recently. He keeps sinking $ into a car that is imo just needs to go to the junk yard. On one hand I want to trust that he will do what is right, on the other I totally disagree with what he's doing. Isn't easy to be supportive in that situation!
    Anonymous

• Don't be too hard on yourself - you apologized and dh accepted. You both learned a valuable lesson today - he learned that when he tells you he's going to do something, he needs to do it; you learned that words/tone can really hurt someone you love dearly and literally make you sick that you said them. You'll both think about that for the future and hopefully it will make your relationship stronger. Clearly you care for each other - hugs.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• you subconsciously meant it though i think! its good you said sorry since some things are better left unsaid
    but he DID let you down, so don't be so hard on yourself
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• as long as you look to the future and quit with the past and work on payin the rent, that's all that matters now GL
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2011