First Birthday!!!

I know it's still a little ways away. My second DD turns one on January 31st. I've already done a princess theme this year with my oldest just back in August for her second birthday. What did you do for the first birthday party?

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 11:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a boy...but for his 1st birthday,I had a baby winnie the pooh theme,he seemed to love it...that could be good for a boy or a girl
    amanda2780

Answer by amanda2780 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• well i tried to have a theme but that didn't work it was supposed to be dora. but then my dh went out and bought a spongebob cake so that kind of ruined everything
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my first DD we did Dora, it was great, with my second DD, whose birthday was 12/7 we didnt have a theme, i bouhgt her a cinderella cake and we had a first birthday banner. She is too little and didnt notice either way.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My son will be turning 1 on Saturday and we're doing a Pirate theme. We have a blow up ship, a treasure chest, different kinds of pirate candy, banners and tons of other decorations with pirate skull and crossbones. We even got a fishing net with starfish attached to it to decorate his cake table. The only cake we could find was Pirates of the Caribbean that comes with 2 pirate figures and an eye patch. We got eye patches and tattoos for all the kids, bought treat bags with pirate sayings all over them, goldfish crackers that we're putting in a gold fish bowl, and beaded necklaces for his treasure chest. I kind of went nuts for his birthday we even rented a place to have it that was almost $200
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 1:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• why dont you do the whole first bday theme they have pink ones
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i did the first bday thing with the first one's first bday and then the princess thing with her second bday now i'm trying to keep it different more for me being over picky i guess you could say.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008