Do you get along with your step childrens moms?

Today I went and talked to my SS mom about my husbands plan of action on when to take him and stuff like that. My husband has been refusing to talk to her. I honestly didn't like her from the stories I heard from hubby and hubby's mom. Today we talked for over a hour and I realized. I like her. She is pretty nice. She tells me if hubby and I were to ever split (which may happen) she has no problem with me taking him every once in a while she I am the mother of his siblings and said I will always be his mom. Said I have acted and been more of a parent then his own dad (My hubby). I feel badly I never really sat down to talk to hr and really get to know her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that it is good to have at least a working relationship with the mother of the stepchildren at least for their sake, it avoids a great deal of confusion for them and name calling behind our backs if we atleast know the other side. I don't especcially like the mother of my step children but I tolerate her for the sake of the kids. The father however refuses to even do that much which makes me a middle man, but ALWAYS think about what is best for the children!
    RShilling

Answer by RShilling at 10:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't say that we get along. We try to be civil.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I get along with my bf's ex wife, I go with him every other weekend when we take his kids 2 c her. she seems to b nice and i dont judge based on what him n his mother say alone. plus, I side with her sometimes cuz I am also a mom. and I know how I would act if my ex treated me the way he does her. he is respectful, but would take the kids from her n a second...
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 11:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i get along with dhs x wife, they have 2 beauiful dd's and i have been around since they were 3 and 5 there almost teens now. we use to not talk but she needed someone too babysit so she called the dad to ask me if i would. we worked something out and i had them everyday before school after summer. she had a work thijng in the bahams i watched the kids for the week did 3 school projects. she got married i took them for the week. i get her a mug with the kids pics on mothersday i get a card and a candle xmas i got her a palm tree candle ( she likes palm trees lol ) and she gave me home made jam that was really good. she has offerd to teach me to make jam. so yeah we get along she will pick up my dd and drop her and her dd off at the mall. and on fri i took the girls to the school dance and picked them up. but admit there are times i want to slap her for not thinking about the kids, or how she has a new boyfriend every month.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think it's wonderful that you did that :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011