Would you pluck..or wax your DD's eyebrows?

If you DD came home from school telling you kids were making fun of her unibrow.. would you pluck or wax them for her? We will say she is 7 years old..
WWYD??

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would get a brow razor and take care of it. It is a simple solution. You will have some mom here telling you it is teaching her vanity I am sure but IMO it is teaching her self grooming.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree with you... I saw this on another site.. I guess this one lady did in fact pluck her daughter's unibrow because kids were teasing her and she came home crying.. :( he daughter is 7 yrs old.. I think I would do the same.. it's something she will do anyway.. ya know
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• brow razors are awful.
    my mom started grooming my brows when i was in elementary school for similar reasons. she's a cosmetologist, so she used wax. i'm so glad she did, because by high school i had learned how to shape them very well, without the skinny, misshapen fuckups so many girls end up with. now, i save a few hundred a year because i know how to do my own waxing.
    sherlokke

Answer by sherlokke at 11:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• you pluck a chicken, you tweeze your brows! lol sorry, a cosmetologist once told me that! I used the term pluck and haven't used it since! lol I would probably get her brows waxed.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 11:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• bahhahaa thats funny! I will say tweeze from now on ;)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I tweeze my 8 year olds unibrow but do just the middle. I plan on having her wait till she is in her teens to have them actually shaped. Knowing her the first wax pull would freak her out and she wouldn't want to have it done again. I would have waited till she was older but she was getting picked on and was very self conscious.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My friend has been waxing her daughters "unibrow" since she was seven
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My daughter is 5yo and has eye brows that aren't really out of control, but they do just about meet above the nose. If she ever came to me and said she wanted her brows tweezed, I would definitely have it done for her. But honestly I don't see that happening for a while because she just doesn't care about stuff like that.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'd probably let her get it waxed
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I never thought about it, since mine does't have this, but if she was being teased, I probably would. It's not like it's going to permanently disfigure her.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2011