You see 2 neighbor girls, ages 3 and 7, being cruel to their cat...do you step in or not

2 doors down from me there is a family of 4...mom is a huge bitch and dad is a passive pothead. girls are 3 and 7 yrs old. today I saw the girls doing things to their cat that .... welll...just are not right and down right abusive and they were laughing. mom's car was gone and dad's was home which means dad was inside ignoring his kids outside.
I wanted to yell at those girls so badly but didn't.
what is the right thing to do in a situation like this?
it is sick to think girls this young could be so mean to a kitty...girls are supposed to be loving not cruel...

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Most certainly I would have. I probably would have taken the cat and told them to tell their father that I have it and he can come get it himself. Then I would tell the father what the girls were doing and threaten to call and report it if you see anything like that again.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would ask the girls why they were doing what they were doing and tried to educate them about animal cruelty and how it is wrong and probably would have tried to tap into any compassion they might have - unfortunatly from your descripton it sounds like they might be acting out from the possible neglect from mom/dad. All girls are not necessarily loving . . . apparently.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I definitely would have stepped in and put a stop to it. Then I would have called the animal shelter and reported it.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i wouldve yelled at the kids, and called the cops b/c dear dad was ignoring them and leaving them outside unsupervised,
    LoveMyLos

Answer by LoveMyLos at 11:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think I would HAVE to say something. I don't know if I would yell, probably not. I would definitely need to say something.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yeah you should have went ova and had a lil talk with them....
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I probably would have said something because I can't stand to see someone hurting an animal.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would talk to them if it don't stop call cops. Yes its a huge step but from someone who has had a family member "my cat" killed by someone poising it then it hits home..she actully died today. :*( anyways do what's right in your heart girls or not the cat is alive and should not be treated like that
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would have and have done in past. I've taken animals off people who dont look after them and I've also smacked several people for being cruel info of me.... I can't stand it
    06Lilraysmom

Answer by 06Lilraysmom at 11:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• call the aspca.. or cops, and report the abuse... there may also b some neglect going on also. if they are caught being neglectfull, or abusive, the animals will b removed and they will probly not b aloud 2 own pets anymore. as far as the girls go... not much u can do there. if u do see it again, say somthing, just make sure not to do or say anything that could get U into trouble...
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 11:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011