Why is my kitty so aggressive???

I have a 6 month old kitty who was neutered about a month ago. Since I got him he has been very aggressive towards everyone. He bites feet and attacks my other cat all the time. My older cat has a patch of hair missing on his neck from all the attacks. I've heard that sometimes the testosterone can stay in them for a little bit after being neutered? But I don't think it's related...

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pets

• After being spayed/neutered they can get really crazy and it does take some time for the hormones to level off. It's probably more to do with his age though, he should mellow out in time. Make sure he has plenty of ways to exercise such as cat trees and toys to chase.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 2:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have a 9 month old boy who hates my older girl. He always hissed and tries to smack her round. I think mines jealousy.
    06Lilraysmom

Answer by 06Lilraysmom at 11:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Could be that he's trying to establish his place within the household and amongst the other pets.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 12:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• im really not sure, i know some pets just act out sometimes.and i also kinda agree w tommyskitty.good luck w ur kitty! :)
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• AT 6 months...he's still full of tricks and moodiness from the hormones. He will get better soon. He'll be lazier than you've ever imagined probably...ours calmed down so much.
    The attacking feet is because they like to pounce on anything that MOVES...feet included! LOL
    Ours did that for awhile, I wore slippers more often or I had sore feet. Cat scratches hurt.
    Good luck!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't think it's a territorial thing because my other cat is super calm and could really care less. Plus they don't spray their areas or anything. I give him socks or small stuffed animals and he just goes nuts!!! Thank you ladies!
    justme782

Comment by justme782 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011