I don't know what to do besides sweep and vacuum.......

and doing that everyday is hard with my toddler running around.
how do all you mom's with pets handle all the animal hair?It's driving me nuts?

ilovemylilymae

Asked by ilovemylilymae at 11:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pets

• I sweep and vacuum everyday. There is a special desheding brush that you can get at Petsmart, or Petco. I have a large german shepard, and I use it on him once a week, it really has decreased the shedding. Make sure you don't brush the same spot over and over again, because you can pull regular fur out also, and the dog will be bold in that one spot.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Depends on the type of animal and breed. If you're having daily hair issues, brushing daily is a good idea.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yup, would have to agree with the brushing....and I still have to vacuum everyday
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Brush and vac daily....I vac 2 times daily
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Don't know what kinds of animals you have but if it is dogs, you can add omega oil (fish oil) to help with that shedding. Cats, need to be brushed too, but soon with winter coming on, if they go outside they should slow down with that shedding. I use the vacume on them all! Take the hose and vacume away! It helps too.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 7:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have 2 dogs and one daughter who is crawling. The hair drives me nuts too, but it really doesn't seem to bother her. I vacuum often, try to keep her in clothes that aren't "hair magnets" , and keep a lint roller handy at all times. I try to clean her before putting her in her crib, and I also use the lint roller on her crib sheet. -- I tried to keep the dogs seperated with a safety gate, but it just didn't work for me. I love my 4-legged kids and want them to continue to be a part of the family... So, I just suck it up and keep cleaning behind them.
    bridbill

Answer by bridbill at 11:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I agree with bridbill, 1 dog, one toddler, one crawler, and I'm pretty sure my dog sheds more than any other shorthair dog I've seen. Try to keep it swept/vacuumed up, leave the crawler in long sleeves and pants, and change her often. (She's a belly crawler, so she collects it regardless.)
    hsalvatore

Answer by hsalvatore at 5:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• We have two cats, I know it's a bit extreme but hubby can't stand them to begin with and with most of my house has hardwoods so I actually keep them shaved lol.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 7:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008