Does reading make you tired?

boy it sure does for me

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• Not usually. I only read books I'm interested in (I'm so done with school) and I get so into them I end up staying up hours past when I should be asleep no matter how tired I was before I picked up the book. There have been nights I only had like 30 minutes before I should go to sleep so I thought I'd read a couple chapters of a book. Next thing I know it's like 3am and I have to get up in a few hours. And I still don't want to put the book down.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes. It makes me tired and makes my eyes droopy but unfortunately it does not put me to sleep!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yes... yes it does..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yep, puts me to sleep everytime!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 12:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes but only if I'm not wearing my glasses. Might want to get your eyes checked. Reading stresses my eyes because I have a stimatism. (sp?)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Lol! It depends on what I'm reading. We had to read The Grapes of Wrath for one of my classes and I could not stay awake. That book just put me to sleep.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• ok good im glad im not the only one. man, school is based too much on reading. if it didn't make me tired, i could get straight A's!!
    teachers should really take our different learning styles into consideration.
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I love to read before i go to bed, if it's a book i'm into i usually wake up with it opened on my lap haha, it does make you feel peaceful and its easier to fall asleep for me while reading.
    Ellebaybayxo

Answer by Ellebaybayxo at 4:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• sometimes it does but it is hard 2 stop readin if it is sumthang i am really n 2
    lilshawty25

Answer by lilshawty25 at 6:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Me too!
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2011