Is an emotional fling easier to forgive than a sexual fling?

I'm not talking about full on affairs, just a fling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I think its much easier to say my hubby flirted and text some one or he chatted with some girl than to ever say he had sex with another women not just mentally but physically,both are very hurtful but theres a huge difference between emotional and physical its the same as angel food cake and red velvet they are both cakes correct? however they are 2 very different cakes.So i would say yes its 100000 times easier to forgive some one that just had an emotional thing for another person than to forgive someone for having sex with someone that wasn't you ..very very different.
    GivingTreeMommy

Answer by GivingTreeMommy at 12:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• While some may think a fling would be easier to get over than a "full-blown" affair, I think that either would be painful to deal with. Affairs usually have the participants emotions involved, so it is probably more difficult for the ones involved to get over, but the one who is being violated will feel just as hurt.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 12:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would honestly, but more hurt over an emotional fling. So many men just see sex as a release. They don't need a connection for it. They can have sex with someone and never talk again and be ok with it. On the other hand, when emotions are involved, you can't just let that go, even men! Especially men (again IMO), men seem to take longer to become emotional then women (not all cases) so when they do have an emotional fling there must have been more to it then just a 1-2 day thing. But don't take this the wrong way! I would be devastated if my husband had sex, even once with another women!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• what is the difference between a fling and an affair?

I mean like flirting once for like a day then letting it go vs. dragging it on and letting it lead somewhere.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• if your heart breaks, your heart breaks
    both are heartbreaking so to me, degree of pain wouldn't matter at that point
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2011