• In the Spotlight:

Have I Failed?

I sit here and look at my 3 beautiful children and I sometimes wonder if I have failed at being a women.. All 3 of my children were born through c-section, I was induced with my son ended up having an emergency c-section with him, the doctors only allowed me to go 3 days past my due date with my oldest daughter before they gave me a c-section, and my newest addition I was in the hospital laboring for 31 hours and ended up having a c-section. IDK maybe I am crazy sometimes but I just feel like I failed at being able to do the most beautiful thing that mothers can, do give birth naturally.

LivingGreenM422

Asked by LivingGreenM422 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, you succeed at giving birth to those 3 children, and lucky you did, without c-sections you would have died, as well as probably your babies. My 3rd was stuck, his head would not come through, I had to have a c, but I don't feel like I failed, it had nothing to do with me!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No you didnt fail, you brought 3 beautiful children into the world. Now you need to put how they got here aside and enjoy them!!
    carolhas2kids

Answer by carolhas2kids at 12:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Awww no your not failing at all. I also had all c sections. With my 3 babies. You still gave birth...its not the way we would have wanted to but we still did it!!
    My oldest i was in labor for 18 hrs and than had to get a csection. my daughter was an emergency csection too. She was born 6 wks early. My water broke and i didnt know (i thought i was peeing...it happened.in the toilet)and bc it was broke for so long they hurries up and got her out...i really wanted vbac but sometimes things don't go as planned and my youngest my uterus ruptured.
    We still are amazing women. We do and did stuff that a man wouldn't be able to. They would give up after the first 10 mins lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I love my children with my entire heart they are my world, but some times it randomly pops in my head especially since I will not be having anymore children..
    LivingGreenM422

Comment by LivingGreenM422 (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thank you ladies for the kind words.
    LivingGreenM422

Comment by LivingGreenM422 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• What?? Giving birth is only a tiny moment in time. It is FAR from being the most beautiful thing a mother can do. How your kids got out has nothing to do with what kind of mother you are. Loving them, raising them to be good, happy people, providing a safe and healthy home. Those are the things that matter.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I have 3 little girls and they were all C-section and I know the feeling of wanting to have a natural child birth, but you gave life to them no matter how you did it, it is still a beautiful thing and you should feel proud that you gave life to them.
    erica0508

Answer by erica0508 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Not a failure. You brought life in to the world. That was a wonderful success.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No you didnt fail, you brought 3 beautiful children into the world. Now you need to put how they got here aside and enjoy them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Don't do this to yourself. You have given life to three children!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011