Teen on birth control

would you put your teen daughter on birth control is she asked you for it?
I know i would.. I would still educate, but also keep her safe

wifeNmom76

Asked by wifeNmom76 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• me and her would have to discuss it with her doctor. I don't want her relying strictly on medication birth control, specifically because MY body rejects it and she could have similar results. I want her also to practice safe sex, so we would definitely talk about condoms. It's not just up to the boy to provide them, the girls should have them too to protect themselves as much as possible from STDs as well as pregnancy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Anyone who wouldn't, is an idiot (this, coming from a once-was teen mom who did not have the option).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would! Id keep talking about and educating her onsex & why she should wait... but if shes asking for the pill theres a reason and id rather have her be safe!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Absolutely.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I couldn't talk to my dad about it, so I went to Planned Parenthood and got on the pill. I remember hiding the pills in my room, hoping he wouldn't find them. But I didn't want to get pregnant at that age!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i would ! i was a teen mom and even tho i didnt struggle doesnt make it ok to have a baby at a young age i dnt think kids should have kids but i dont judge either
    piinky89

Answer by piinky89 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes for sure. However I will say this. I made sure I did the correct thing when my son came to me and told me he and his girlfriend had sex already. He actually came to me, and I was shocked but at the same time I taught my kids that they can come to me with anything. He came to me, and she went to her mom. Her mom and I got together with the two of them, and we talked about everything. It actually wasnt that uncomfortable, but I think my son and her daughter were like oh dear lord what did we do lol. They trusted us, and I am still happy about that. Ok, now with that being said. We got her on Birth Control ASAP. Well, six months later she ended up pregnant. They are now teen parents, extremely responsible and great parents...but still teen parents. My son takes such good care of his son, is still with her, and they are terrific parents. However BC is not guaranteed.Just watch her closely, and make sure she is taking it.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i was a teen mom too, so absolutley I would do it.. I didnt have the option either, my mom was so old school that I couldnt come to her about stuff like this.
    wifeNmom76

Comment by wifeNmom76 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes, I would. My mom helped me when I wanted it. She also talked to me about sex when I was younger so I already knew what I was getting myself into.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yep, I put my sd on it as soon as I thought she was thinking about sex. I don't regret it.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 12, 2011