Next Step for infertility...

My doctor sent me to have my hormone levels checked and my DH will go Monday to have his sperm count checked..
If both of these come back clear- what do you think my doctor will recommend next?
My doctor doesnt seem to be taking me too seriously, but weve been trying for over a year..
When do I stop using her and ask to be referred to a specialist?

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know, that depends on your doctor and what he wants to do. I would press for a referral to a fertility specialist though. I had to tell my doctor a few different times I wanted a referral and DH and I have been trying off and on for 4 years in between deployments with no luck.

Both me and DH saw a Fertility Specialist last summer before he deployed. Everything checked out fine with both me and DH and it turned out we had unexplained infertility. The doctor put me on Clomid, HCG Injections, and Ovidrel. Our treatments were rushed because we were pressed for time. I still didn't get pregnant though and when DH returns home we plan on picking up where we left off with out treatments.

I wish you luck though.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I have an ovarian cyst that is HUGE. Doctor claims it shouldnt be a reason to why it is taking so long. I have a 2yr old son and everyone I know has said that once you have a child it really shouldnt take more than 6m to conceive again.. However we are passed that point & Im getting impatient. It was easy with my son. I went off pill- and 3m later had a BFP. Wednesday was 11m of BFN.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If you have a cyst that's probably why you're not getting pregnant....Your doctor sounds like he doesn't care to be honest.
    Tell him you want the referral and keep pressing for it or switch to a doctor that will actually listen to your needs and help you resolve the issue.

Also, just because it was easy the first go around doesn't mean it is the second go around, things can happen that can cause you not to get pregnant the second go around. DH and I have a 7 year old daughter and it was easy the first go around, but now the second go around is a lot harder and we don't know why.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It depends on your age for them to determine the next step. I'm right there.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Age shouldnt matter when it comes to deciding the next step.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• when i was 17 i hade a HUGE cyst i had removed via surgery alog with my right fallopian tube and ovary they told me i would have trouble getting preg and a month and a half later i was preg with my son. you need to have the cyst removed that could def be a reason you are not getting preg. its been 5 years since then me and hubby are seeing a RE and we are starting IVF soon (because i had an ectopic in 2008 and it left my tube scarred). im not sure about your insurance but we made an apt with out RE and just went. ask your OB/GYN to tranfer you
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I had the cyst removed in sept and it grew back.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011