Do yo think the movie the Nativity is a good movie to show to K-3rd graders

We are showing this movie in the afterschool youth. Many of these kids don't come to church. I personally think the movie is not age appropriate as it seems to be going over their head. The pastor has not watched it and is seeing it for the first time during youth.

mamakat12

Asked by mamakat12 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've never heard of it myself, but I think before showing any video to children, someone needs to view it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It is a pretty good telling of the story. I don't know...probably no harm in it.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's a very good movie but you're right, they may a bit bored with it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think that anything that is being shown to a group of kids should be prescreened by an adult first! I have heard of it but haven't seen it so can't give an actual opinion about the film itself.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Don't know just bought it and am showing it to my kids Christmas eve ages 2-9. SO I think the older ones will but the baby forget it!!! LOL!!!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• That movie might go over their heads. There are movies out there that share the same message but are more age appropriate.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think it will be good. They need to know bible history.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It is a good movie. but i do think it would go over their heads.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 5:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2008