So you didn't like the atheist sign in Washington....

What do you think about the Tree of Knowledge in Philadelphia?

I agreed with everything the sign in Washington said, however I feel that the tree of knowledge is a much better way to get the message out there. What do you all think?

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/articles/16080

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 12:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think God is coming soon and people are like the days of Noah. The devil is working overtime.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agree with you, it's a much nicer way of getting the point across. That sign in Washington was just a little...harsh, yanno?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I wouldn't say harsh, but perhaps it was a little blunt. It took the most extreme atheist views, and painted the wrong kind of picture. Although I agree completely with those views, it will always create problems when you present only the most extreme views.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yeah, that's what I meant lol. I'm not good at putting it into words sometimes. It made me feel bad, a lot of atheists (and other non-Christians) complain about extremist Christians blatantly stating their extreme views in public places, but whoever put up that sign did the exact same thing, just from an atheist viewpoint. It was like well...hypocritical much? By them doing the tree, it's a much more subtle way of saying what they believe. I'm agnostic...so I want to get along with everybody, yanno? :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I like the tree!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Hey that's neat! I think it sends a much more relate-able (sp?) message. Might inspire me to do some more reading as well :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I like that a lot.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• A;though I don't agree with your philosophies Kristie ( I think it was you) Put it much better in her Journal. I also get rather infuriated with the fundies. they take soooo much out of context it's disturbing. But they make me seek patience. *sigh shaking head*

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You mean how I changed the "Washington Billboard" to say

"There are no gods, no devils, no angels. No heaven and no hell. There only lies our natural world. (As far as we can tell!)

We place our faith in our neighbors; In you as well as me. And thus create a helping hand for ALL Humanity"

I like my "billboard" too but I do like the Tree as well because it's a representation of many differnet beliefs.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Fantastic! I think that the sign here in Washington could have been put across in a lot better way. I agree with it but at the same time it could have been put a little nicer. So the Tree of Knowledge idea I really like and think it puts the point across much better!
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2008