How can we be so blind?

Our media does not tell us what it should be. I am so tired of hearing about celebrities! Who cares? They are just people like anyone else. I want to see on the news what is going on with our country! Not more politicians cheating! Anyone else feel this way and what is the solution?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• AGREE IN BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG BOLD LETTERS!
    JAZ_MOMMY2

Answer by JAZ_MOMMY2 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yeah, I think the news should stick to actual news and leave the celebrity gossip to the shows that are for that purpose. Between E! News, entertainment tonight, Extra, TMZ, and a butt load of others, I think we are covered in the celebrity department. But they report what gets viewers and ratings.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• celebrities lives, polititions cheating, sarah palin emails who cares, Im will you you what about this economy, jobs the 2012 election and whos going to run against obama to get him out! Thats what I want to hear. When the media gets a lead on something they beat in the ground I hate that. Sarah Palin emails...really who cares. shes not in office anymore hasnt been for a few years get a life who fricken cares. Those are people who need a life
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It can be frustrating, but the media lies. You can't really count on hearing the truth from them either! I think we as a country are to a point where we can't really go back, when it comes to media/politics. They all lie and just try to get ratings/votes.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• They do that to distract us from what is really going on in the world. But truthfully if I cant fix it I dont want to know. I cant watch the news with out having nightmares. There is way to much pain, bad and evil in this world. Its just sad.
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 4:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Amber is SO right. The media in any country (I'm in Canada) is really putting out what the government want us to hear (OK OK I know I'm sounding big brother-ish - I don't quite mean it like that) but the govt and the media don't want us to concern our pretty little heads with the woes of the world or with helping other people (or, god forbid, with knowing abut the huge problems in our own country - cos we might blame them), so they tell us about so-called 'celebrities' which they've invented and about how those celebrities dared do or wear or eat something which THEY think is weird!
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 6:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Celebrities garner airtime because they get ratings. I end up getting most of my news online so that I can bypass the fluff.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Most people don't want to know or hear about the real issues, so all the crap keeps leading the news.

I often wonder how news anchors, esp those who are on in the morning, can look themselves in the mirror.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• AGREE, with a big AGREE! I also get tired of celebrities telling us what to think and how to vote. Being a celebrity doesn't make you a pundit.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• When I was growing up which was probably when most of you were still in diapers, the media HAD to report in a neutral tone whatever the news was. Talk show hosts were different, like we have the different opinion channels. I'm talking about the actual news. There could not be any being on one side or another of anything, it was straight news. Nowadays it has changed, Fox is mainly conservative (except for Greta) and CNN, NBC, CBS and others are all liberal. I find that you cannot get the truth on the news if it is left or right leaning. I don't care what the views of the cast are, I want to know what's going on, facts, period. There is no where to get that.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2011