Tell me what I am missing!

Ok so me and my BF of 3 years just bought a home. We have a son together ( almost a year) and he has a daughter from a previous marriage. Howcome when I want to spend money on OUR son he gets mad but when it comes to his daughter, she can have whatever she wants. ( she has a wii,psp, flat screen) When we moved in ( about 2 weeks ago) he HAD to have this new plasma TV. We had just recieved our deposit back from the place we were renting before we moved. Instead of us using that money for the kids Christmas, he purchases this TV. Now I am about to have OUR son's first birthday party and his cake is going to be $ 60 and my BF is complaining saying we dont have the extra money for that? Does this make sense? We would have MORE than enough , had he not spent $1000 on a TV! What am I missing? lol

nat1981

Asked by nat1981 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell him to fkn take back that damn TV!
    Anonymous

• He's an ass.
    Anonymous

• Tell him exactly what u posted here!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Daddy sounds like he is feeling guilty for upsetting his little girl. Thus she gets anything she wants. You tell me where you rank in the family. Little girls is queen, He is the King. Your child treated like a redheaded step child and you are where? That crap would never walk in a relationship I was in. You two need to talk. I do mean TALK. Not yell, scream, incite, accuse or demand. TALK..about how you feel. Talk about what is going on. You have entered into a serious business contract with this man. You have to work it out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• YUK! I would be irritated as heck, buy the cake anyway. lol This may not be the smartest thing to say to you, but seriously? A $1000 big screen TV, or a 60$ cake for your sons FIRST birthday.?
    jax639

Answer by jax639 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• first off all girl if you were on the Suze Orman show, she would be like, why on earth would you buy a home with a BOYFRIEND and not a husband, but anyway thats besides the point, how are you all at managing money? seems to be alot of materialistic things being thrown around. The daughter seems to be very spoiled and that will and can get quickly out of hand. Good Luck
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• you are missing telling hiim off his other child gets what she wants and so will YOUR son!!!
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• He needs to get his priorities in order. Tell him what he thinks is more important a Tv or his child's birthday?
    msjtwin

Answer by msjtwin at 1:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's simple. She was there first. And you are only his girlfriend. He feels he can spend his money any way he wants.
    Anonymous

• you need to tell him everything you've said here. It doesn't always work but its worth a shot. don't let it get to the point i did. one of the reasons my ex and i split was because he favored himself and our first born daughter while our second daughter and i got nothing.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008