Anyone that has gone thru Yeast infections (or any infection down there) plus extra dry vagina, itchness adult content

so i have no natural lube down there. its is always dry, like 90% of the time. its so super dry right now. i have a yeast infection i think. its itchy, red, dry, irritating. I also get this open wound at the tip of vagina. i cant explain it. If you open the lips of the vagina and above the clitoris where the hair usually grows. Sorry i cant explain right, its hard. there is a line up and down. Just like if your mouth lips where dry in the morning and you have a crack on your upper lip, right in the middle and when you smile it opens up and sometimes bleeds. I have something like that down there. instead its just kinda open like a stretch mark, no bleeding, its light pink (like a stretch mark) but it is the most itchy-ist. i try not to scratch. its so damn annoying. its just a open wound. and it doesnt help that i dont produce any natural lube. every once in a while its wet naturally but thats once in a blue moon. I cant take it. I dont know what to do. I have seen doctors and all they say is im prone to yeast infections and one time before i had my 3rd baby i was given a Estrogen cream and i never used it until 2 days ago. After i googled it online it says it can cause cancer and go into the womb and stuff. So i didnt use it anymore. So now im using Vagisil cream and i have a 7 day monistat i can use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• Ok so i have vaginal dryness and it says its usually a real problem in many woman. Not just before or after menopause. And it could effect you if your breastfeeding (i am) but i always had this even before 3 kids. Named: atrophic vaginitis
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If it is a yeast infection you'll need an antibiotic to cure it. Try putting vaseline on the itchiest part just to keep it moist and this should help until you see a Dr.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Usually with yeast infections there is discharge, you say you are dry so it probably isn't a yeast infection.
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 1:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• They have otc tests now for yeast infections. They are by the home pregnancy tests at the store. You could use that to see if it really is a yeast infection.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yea idk.. yesterday i just worse this nursing dress, i just wear it at home. so i can um not wear undies Lol. I saw some discharge white stuff even after i cleaned my self well after going pee. Sorry TMI. but i havent seen much, there is some white stuff here and there every so often but i dont know if its because of the Vagisil Cream. Yes i was going to buy the tests but it was expensive. I wanted to just go ahead and use the 7 day monistat thing first. But its more just itchy, red then anything. and that damn line that looks like a open wound that hurts
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Sometimes it is as simple as the water you wash clothes with not being hot enough to kill the yeast. I read about ironing the crotch of your panties to kill the yeast. I did that and never had a yeast infection since. It's worth a try

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• well even though it may cause cancer i still think the risk of that is very low
    estrogen is natural and if you use the cream only a very small amount will enter your bloodstream
    i would use it again, stop breastfeeding and continue using lubricants
    maybe try using neosporin to close the wound quicker
    sounds pretty bad, sorry :(
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• lol Lizzybee44- Why is it everyone will say Stop breastfeeding for every single thing... Removing a child thats hungry off your breast to accomodate others is rude and mean. I am not going to stop BF until my son wants too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2011