How do I get rid of stretch marks? Please help!

My stomach looks like a zebra with all the stripes running across it. It is unsightly and one of the many reasons why I am afraid to start dating again.

miabug

Asked by miabug at 3:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't like mine either :( My husband says it look like a tiger got to me, lol, funny but not funny. I will bump for you because I have no idea but would like some ideas as well!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Supposedly there's stretch mark creams you can buy that helps reduce the appearance, but I doubt they work that well.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 3:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Depends. I'd need a picture to tell you how to get rid of them. Some require surgery, some have semi decent results with creams. If yours is that bad though, it's probably not going to do much if you do creams. You'll probably need surgery.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Gd Question !!!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:13 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Honestly, if they haven't yet faded, they will. Try not to focus on them, and get some nice lingerie that covers them, and then go out and start dating. I let my stretchmarks keep me from enjoying normal activities for at least a year after my Dd was born. Mine fully cover everything, belly, sides, legs... oh my! It's been two years, and they are still a lot more noticeable then most people's stretchmarks because they were SO deep and wide, but I stopped caring about them so much. It's really not what you look like, but how much confidence you have in yourself and guys like confidence :)
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 6:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• They'll fade over time but I think they'll stay forever.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• They are genetic. Some people are more prone to them than others. I had some from puberty for decades, but they have finally faded a bit. Some skin is better at stretching compared to others. Pregnancy-related stretch marks can be partly due to hormones and those often do fade with time (months or a few years). Good luck.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I do know the tanner i get the more mine shows.. I found out staying out of the sun helps alot ,but i know we all want our tan, so I don't have any real good advice. Just date the guy who cares for you. He wont care about anything except trying to make you happy. Not like the ones who don't care and base relationships on appearances.. God Bless You.....
    CHORD0006

Answer by CHORD0006 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I have a friend that swears by one she uses it, but as far as I know they will never really go away away. The creams help them fade.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I swear by Cocoa Butter. It has worked great to fade the ones I have on the side of my butt cheeks and helped me to have zero stretch marks thru my pregnancies.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011