Shaky and heart fluttering?

Ever since I was pregnant with my baby girl who is almost 6 mo now I have had my heart do this weird thing (mostly at night but not always) where it feels like it pumps harder (but not faster its kinda hard to explain) for just a second and then stop but some times it will do it off and on for hours. but lately I have had this shaky feeling a lot. It started mostly in the middle of the night and now its almost all day. I have seen the dr several times and they have run lots of test and found nothing and they keep telling me its just anxiety but can it make you feel shaky like that all the time? It just doesnt seem right to me. I dont take anything for it yet cause I am nursing so I dont know if taking something would help I just mostly just worndering has anyone else ever had this feeling?

AmberNicoley

Asked by AmberNicoley at 4:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• I wouldn't completely buy into the "anxiety" diagnosis just yet ... it's a catch-all phrase when doctors have no frickin' clue of what exactly is going on.

The fish oil that anichols1 suggests is a great option for you to try. I would also supplement with magnesium. Most people are severely deficient and the symptoms you describe sound like they could be related to low mag levels. Keep researching and good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm not going to say it's the same thing I'm going through but there's a possibility it might be! I think your doctors right, my heart does the same thing, !It's done it off and on now for about a year. I've had an EKG test and wouldn't you know it, it never happened during the test. So, I started poking around the Internet trying to find answers . I've found so many other people asking the same question, same description. It's stress and anxiety! I thought that was so weird cause there were times it would happen when I didn't feel stressed! It would happen at nite , it would happen in the day, no particular time. Several people said they started taking "FISH OIL". You buy can buy it anywhere , found in the Vitamin Aisle at drug or grocery stores. i thought I'd give it a try , it's even good for you! Immediately I saw results! My heart rarely did that anymore! You might wanna give it a try! Hope it works for you!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Your doctor is saying it is anxiety. I wonder what could be the culprit of your anxiety? And since you are nursing I don't think you will be able to take something for the anxiety.
    Did your doctor refer you to see a heart specialist?
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 5:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• it never hurts to get a second opinion. hope your able to figure it out.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011