What is your opinion of the Casey Anthony case?!

I have been watching it live for the past week, and i have researched it.. I just want to know who all is watching also, and what's your opinion of her innocence, or not...

Ellebaybayxo

Asked by Ellebaybayxo at 4:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• personally I believe she is guilty. Its been said before, when a child accidentally is killed or hurt they ALWAYS call 911 to see if the child can be saved. i mean if it was one of my children that had "drowned" i would be doing cpr calling 911 and screaming to God for mercy on my child! not a thought would cross my mind about oh no what about me?!
    lumina92

Answer by lumina92 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've seen parts of it. No way is she innocent, I think her legal team is trying to spare her the death sentence with this last minute claim of abuse by her dad and brother. I feel very sad for her parents and brother they've been through so much, I think she is a very disturbed person.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've been reading it from day 1. She did it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think she's a disturbed person too. I think about her parents and I would not want to be in thier shoes. I feel bad for them but then a part of me wonders is there some mental thing wrong with her or did something in her upbringing make her this way. I tend to lean more to the side that she made up those alligations about her father and her brother though. I hate to put the thought out there that something in her upbringing made her into a killer because you can't always blame the parents. It may just be the person and in that case I feel really bad for her parents.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 5:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've been following this case for the past 3 years. She is 100% guilty of murdering her daughter to get even with her mother. My opinion is the trial is going GREAT for the prosecution and that her defense lawyer--Baez, is great for comic relief!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Being convicted of murder using just circumstantial evidence is hard.

True, but it happens.  How about Scott Peterson?  It was all circumstantial evidence and he got the death penalty.  Casey could be looking at the same, although the analysts keep talking about the one juror that the defense fought to keep. 

I have been watching it off and on.  It doesn't look good for Casey.  I know she has a level of guilt, it's just trying to put a shadow of doubt in the juror's minds about it being premeditated and that it was all her - instead trying to deflect responsibility to George. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You're right, QM. I wish they had convicted OJ on the circumstantial evidence they had on him.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think she did it because she wanted to be free of having a child but I think she may have done it in the most pain free way. Cloroform, then suffocation. I saw a news story where she was crying at the images they were showing which were pretty graphic because of decomposition and I think maybe it did get to her and deservedly so if it did but I still wonder if she could be faking that. Its really hard to tell with her because she just don't act like most people would in her situation. I have only watched snippets here and there on the news though, some of which was a small portion of the trial so I may have a different opinion if I seen more but the evidence just seems to be so obvious. I do like to consider the what ifs, especially seeing as how I don't understand how someone can do such a thing to thier own child and act the way she did but maybe thats just me wanting to know why.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 5:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yea that's how i feel also, she has told so many lies it's hard to know what the truth is, and i don't think she acts like a mother in this situation, going to hot body contests when your daughter is missing, and not reporting her missing for 31 days afterwards... i mean who would do that? A sick person i guess!
    Ellebaybayxo

Comment by Ellebaybayxo (original poster) at 5:18 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I want to know why this case? There are so many other cases in the country that are just as tragic. Why this one? If she is guilty, they will convict her, sentence her, and be done with it. (I believe the Constitution guarantees us due process of law before being deprived of life, liberty, or property....better known as 'innocent until proven guilty'.) She is getting her due process. We will see if they have hard evidence or circumstantial evidence. Being convicted of murder using just circumstantial evidence is hard.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2011