Anyone know where to buy cheap prescription glasses online even if your prescription is out of date?

I took a shower this morning and my two year old got a hold of my glasses and irreparably broke them and now I am wearing my old glasses but they are sure to give me a headache since they are like 5 years old. I don't have the money to go to an eye doctor so I thought someone might know where to buy glasses online....

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 12:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Shopping

• I don' t think they can sell you prescription lenses if your prescription is over 1 year old. You can get glasses but no lenses, not without an exam.
    Anonymous

• You won't find any place (legal anyways) that will make glasses if your prescription is more than one year old. However, I have found that Wal-Mart SuperCenter is pretty inexpensive compared to other places and they offer cheaper priced frames, etc. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You can't get glasses without a current scrip. I tried. Sucks but it's for your own good really.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Have you tried applying for medicaid? Also Our plans offer discounts to see an eye Dr. I know where you can new eye glasses for $8! My State worker told me about them.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009