Hypoallergenic formula

hi i think my baby is allergic to cow milk or something and for this past couple weeks he has been off and on sick with diareah, low grade fever, vomiting a little bit, and spitting up enough to soak half of his onsie and having a hard time passing gas.is it possible for him to devolop this? his doc suspected it was a viral infection , i think otherwise...is there a way i can test it or try to switch my babys formula to hypoallerginic? is this safe if i do and he doesnt have it? also how expensive is it and where do i buy it or can i get it from wic? thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What formula are you using now? I used Similac Advance but Similac has many varieties. Go to their website & see if there is one better for you. I also recommend only using pre made liquid formula NOT the ones that you mix with water. If you can't get the liquid, are you boiling the water before mixing the formula?? Very important. I don't know about wic though but if a Dr. recommends another specific formula, they should provide it for you. Ask your Pediatrician. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If you think it might be the formula and you are using premixed formula - switch to a soy based formula to rule out your "cow based" theory. IF you don't use premixed formula, have your water tested or simply purchase a water filter.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You can safely put your baby on one. We had to use Nutramigen for our son due to a protein intolerance
    If he improves,there's a good chance an allergy was the culprit. Be forewarned though,the stuff is quite expensive.
    Give it a few months and then try the Nestle Good Start

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i know i was allergic to all the baby formula an they had to go back to the old remedy not sure what was in it but one of the ingredient was molasses. if u need to know more please let me know an i will get the mixture from my mom if u need it
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 2 kinds Similac Sensitive - it is orange - and Similac Alimentium - it is purple
    happymom353

Answer by happymom353 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011