Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can a single mom afford childcare that they require to have month in advance?

Answer Question

Asked by newmom80 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • there should be state assistance for childcare based on income. in Texas we go to the Tx Workforce Center for childcare assistance.

    Answer by mrsary at 10:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • If you don't qualify for state assistance, then you either work it out with your provider or switch providers.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:02 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • its state pay they only pay half i have to pay the other half. but they want me pay in advance or my daughter won't beable to go. I told them that I am a single mom and i only get paid twice a month and there's nothing I can do. I just started my job on june 6, 2011 so i don't have anything intell i get paid.

    Comment by newmom80 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • Yea you need to find a new provider. Try in home child care. I have child care in my house and have noticed other Moms can be more understanding then a business. I've given a lot of breaks to single moms in my town, just be sure to not be like all of them and take advantage of your child care provider. Pay when you say you will, pay 100% of the amount, and don't expect special treatment (it's not our fault you r a single mom) but when you get special treatment appriciate it. Craigslist and your local child care resource and referral network should be helpful in finding child care for you. Good luck!

    Answer by Eko at 10:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • My daughter has two. She works full time and the children go to daycare. She signed up for the assistance for daycare, but she only had to have one week paid in advance. I helped her out with that. Then her aid kicked in and she was able to keep up with it when she got paid as well. If you really have to have a month in advance, I would beg and borrow from relatives to get the money you need. It's really important that you do work to be able to provide for your child, I think any relative would agree with that and would be more than willing to help you out, if they can financially. Otherwise, there are also church funds set aside to help with assistance, you can call around to churches in your area.

    Answer by m-avi at 1:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • I really dont see how parents are affording baby sitting,my daughters child care they want money even if the kid miss a day.i be told them where they could go

    Answer by jbaby7162000 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • i know and how they r to, I talk to the owner and told her that I am a single mom and not having a job over 2 years there is no way i can pay in advance its 700.25 month and I pay 477. month the state pays the rest. its so not fair i don't get any support from any family or friends. I am doing this all by my self. the father seems to me he caresless about her or anything she or i do. i don't get child support and all i got from the state is about to end due to budget cuts.

    Comment by newmom80 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • I am sorry but it isn't up to the state to support your children. You are lucky to be getting the help with childcare that they are offering. YOu need to get on the kid's father and do what you have to do in order to make him accountable for the child he helped create. If you have no one to borrow from then start selling your belongings or as others have suggested, look into another provider.

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • i know and i understand its the the state but the father is on ssi never had a job and now is a register sex offender. i done everything i can to get him to pay and there nothing else i can do. so i have to get the state to help alittle its not fair but its the only choice i have

    Comment by newmom80 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.