Wow! Racist Target employee

I was in the clothing section looking at the clearance racks and the fitting rooms are right there. I overheard this older lady employee say," I gotta get out of this place. All it is is COLOREDS and GOOKS working here! Since when did white people become the minority!?"
I was floored! She was loud enough for me to hear her around the corner. Her fellow employee just stayed silent.
Should I have reported her behavior?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have directly said to her. 'I shall take my money somewhere else.'. Then I'd report it if I had time. Ppl who have that attitude usually don't hide it from anybody including mgmt. They probably already know.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You should have reported her behavior and helped her 'get of of that place'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Since when have whites become the minority? Well, when was the last time you worked in food service? seriously. Not even kidding.

Yeah, I would have. I don't give a rats ass if she is "set in her ways", being elderly isn't an excuse.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• White is the minority,in Chicago and the nearby suburbs, the workforce for city workers us postal workers, restaurant workers,gas co. workers, trains,bus drivers both the rat and cta also the hospitals and clinics and anywhere else u can think of is 90% black!!!! It is a fact the whites r the minorities!
    Anonymous

• Amen.. I'd have reported her right away. And yes.. if you are working retail, food service, factory, type jobs and are white... you will be a minority. Heck in my town if you arent on the west side blacks and whites are a minority! We have a lot of mexicans here and people from india (but they are our doctors)
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 10:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Not that it's right, but there are elderly people who see nothing wrong with this type of attitude-

Speaking of Target employees, when my daughter was visiting the US over the holidays she purchased a DVD at a T store. When she got home and after opening the DVD. she realized that it was for Blu Ray which she did not own. She decided to take it back to the store, but since it was opened the store employee had some difficulty with the procedure. She told my daughter, "It's sh*t like this that really p*sses me off." My daughter said she just did not know how to respond. Now this is a young Target employee. You'd think in these economic times Target would be able to find some people who actually have a filter to work in their stores.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Racist and racism is everywhere. Do you listen to comic? Do you watch television? "Stars' are allowed to be racist and people laugh at them, so why make a deal about this old woman?

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think her attitude is disgusting but I wouldn't have reported her.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• That was a prejudiced and mean thing to say....but, I wouldn't have reported her. If someone was being unkind to my family,that would be a different situation and I would spedk directly to the person who was at fault.
    But I think that since we DO have freedom of speech that we would be wrong to deny anyone their freedome EVEN IF we hate what they say
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• oh and what is a gook?
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 10:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2011