I need the best insomnia tips!

I tried everything, i've been like this for a long time, but now with 2 kids, i run by their sleep schedules. i tried alot of things, and limited my cafiene to just a little in the morning, and now im getting desperate. no pills . any help ladies?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• The ones that I've heard are no TV or computer screens before bed, make sure you get exercise during the day and using a sound machine to help you fall asleep, like the sleepsheep.

Here are 42 tips, hopefully some of them help you. http://www.well.com/~mick/insomnia/

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Has this been a life-long problem, or just a recent issue? If it's just a recent problem, could it be related to stress? Do you sleep with white noise (such as a fan, or a white noise machine as mentioned by pp)? Do you stick to a consistent evening routine so you're normally getting to bed around the same time each night? Valarian root tea (or supplements) is supposed to be helpful (although it smells horrible). Best of luck to you!
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Ambien.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I know you said no pills, but the doctor suggested melatonin for DD. I take it from time-to-time and it really relaxes you. It stays in your system for about 90 minutes so you can fall asleep and it's natural - what your body makes to make you feel tired. The doctor also suggested staying away from close screen work for 90 minutes before bed. Also, to wind down before bed rather than to be physically and mentally active - again for 90 minutes. She did say TV was OK but the news and other stimulating stories are best avoided.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2011