What do you believe in?

I believe in God,but i think its interesting to learn about other beliefs and religions.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian Universalist - I believe in One God, Who is understood and perceived in different ways (the various faiths). I believe that there have been many teachers/prophets (the Buddha, Confucius, Muhammad, etc), and Jesus is the one teacher in who's teaching I have my foundation, but I pull from other teachers (and faiths) as well. I believe the same Ultimate Truth is revealed through each of the religions, one of love and compassion and the ideal of the human potential. My beliefs have a lot to do with the idea of humanity and the human/humane potential...

So basically, I am a Christian - with a Christian foundation and worldview - who believes in pluralism (other religions are equally valid) and practices syncretism (pulling from various sources/faiths). My ultimate beliefs hang on the idea of humanity and what it means to be humane - loving, kind, compassionate, etc. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Atheist, which means I don't believe in gods or any other supernatural entities, however basic common decency things or common kindnesses etc, Like treating others the way you want to be treated, my beliefs are more than likely very similar to your own, minus the "god factor"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm a Secular Humanist/Atheist and I believe in ME.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm a Naturalistic Pantheist, and I practice Buddhism. Some basic information about each are in the links.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm an Atheist. I think that pretty much covers it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I believe in God
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I believe in God. I am a Christian. I also believe in honestly, loyalty, and freedom.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 10:59 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No body goes to the father except through him. That is all.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I call myself an Eclectic Witch...I practice some Wiccan, some Hinduism, probably what others would call New Age as well as being a witch.

I believe in balance(God/Goddess, light/dark,etc)as well as reincarnation, karma,harming none(including myself) and doing good to all those around me aka service. I believe in trying every day to be better than I was the day before. I believe there is a part of the Divine within each of us. I believe in the power of energy in and around us and that using that as well as intent and hard work can create the change we seek in our lives(whatever change that may be).

Thats some of my beliefs anyway.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I am an "Solitary Electric Wiccan - Witch" which means...
    I follow the basics of the Wiccan Religion, but draw from many different Pagan beliefs...
    I also practice the "Art of Witchcraft"

I believe in Balance Goddess/God and that without balance there can not "Be" That the Goddess and God have many
    names for many ppl/cultures, but all are of the "One"
    I believe in Reincarnation, that we are all here for a purpose wither we find it in this life or
    in another... and that when all Life's Journey's (Lesson) are done, we become a part of the "ALL", "Universe"
    "Mother Earth" (Gaia)....
    I do not believe in Heaven or Hell nor Sin... That ppl know right/wrong - - good/bad and that choices are not
    measured by what a man calls "Sin"
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011