What is your favorite meal to make while camping?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 10:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• anything that doesnt fall thru the grates on the grill!!
    LOL when we go camping I pack frozen fish and chicken and beef, that way so while we get set up or play or hike by the time we are ready to cook the food is thawed. we are going on a long ass trip coming up so I need more ideas.,
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 11:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• hotdog and hamburgers
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• We take a tenderloin and grill it low and slow, corn on the cob cooked in foil with butter/salt/pepper, a veggie, and the best of all, cobbler cooked in the dutch oven. My guys are gearing up to do a 45 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail in July. They are taking all freeze dried food, but they have specific orders for a meal when they hit the campground in Hot Springs, NC. (I have to camp at Hot Springs since I get to drop them off and meet them down the trail.) We love to camp whether it is tent camping or in our motor home.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I pack up this meal before we leave so it's ready to go. You need foil pouches or fold the foil so it wont spill. Add butter, potatoes, carrots, and hamburger patties... fold. When you are ready for dinner get them out of the cooler and set the packs on the hot coals of the fire, not in big flames! Its so good!
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 11:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I love to have smores on open fire, hot dogs roasted, and plain marshmellows. My meal I like to have is a slowed grilled steak medium well done, smothered with mushroom sauce from the grill, and corn on the cobb. MMMM GOOD, I am already gearing up for my camp trip coming up June 26th. so cant waite.
    mommy_to_penut

Answer by mommy_to_penut at 11:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, veggies and dip; chicken breasts and ice tea have to have the ice tea!!!
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Of couse lemonade, hot dogs cooked on the fire all the fixings to go with it, yummy chips and dip, maybe potatoe salad, really cold packed and smores also made on the fire!
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 12:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• s'mores--I know it isn't a meal but that is about the only outdoor cooking that I do!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Brauts and Hotdogs
    dsadang

Answer by dsadang at 3:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011