kid lunches

i have a 22 month old... i was just wondering what other parents of 2 year olds feed there kids for lunch... my dd dosent really eat that much so i dont want to cook her a big lunch...

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Turkey sandwhiches, Sushi, beans and rice, fruit, hummus with cucumbers, carrots and pita bread.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• chicken cut up in pieces, french fries or cheetos, and green beans. not as healthy as the other momma but :) she also gets some yogurt if she wants it.
    HaileysMommy130

Answer by HaileysMommy130 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• We alternate between soybutter and jelly sandwiches with fruit, yogurt, and a few pretzles, chicken nuggets with fruit, vegetable, and left overs from the previous nights dinner. On occasion I cook dinner in the morning (if I can) so I make extra to give to the twins at lunch if it's something they really like.

You can go on line and do a food pyramid for your child to figure out how much of what is needed. Generally speaking it's a cup to a cup and a half each of fruits and vegetables each day plus 3 or 4 oz of grains and 3 or 4 oz. of protein.

Wraps are great too. You can use peanutbutter (if it's ok for your child to have) or cream cheese as a spread and then fill it with meats, vegetables or fruits with the peanutbutter.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• We do a lot of PB sandwiches and pretzels, my daughter always asked for them. Chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, taquitos. Things like that! She also loves cereal for lunch.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• gerber graduates. pasta & veggies
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 6:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008