Birthmom is loosing her rights this week. *Update. Thank you Mommies"

I am sending her a card and letter in jail. I am trying to be sensitive. Is there anything else should be doing? I wish I could be there with her, but the court won't let me.

shrugging

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Adoption

• – collapse
    your the adopted mom?!.. her loss your gain! she is a LOSER in JAIL!! she doesn't deserve that child!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Make sure to send her lots of pictures. It's got to be hard to lose your baby because your in jail. She's lucky her baby is going to go to you, a person who seems to really have a heart!
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 11:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Your sensitivity to her is touching. It's way more than I would ever do to or for the bios of ours. You are a much better and nicer person than I want to or would be.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my bff just went through this... hardest day of her life. She loves her kids the exact same as her bio kids, knows this is best, but still felt heart ache for the bio mom. It truly is a difficult day. I wouldnt give bio mom too much information. And Im wondering what kind of card you would send... I think a sympathy card would be harsh. How about a short hand written note telling her that you will love the child and that you will pray for her. And send her a small framed photo... if a jail will allow that. Maybe they wont allow glass... how about laminating a photo and put it in a cardboard frame (like a matting).

best of luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• R00...you are a no class idiot! I clearly care about this person and so does our son. She is doing the right thing by him. Open your very small mind a little bit.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would send pictures and encourage her to keep her address updated with the courts, especially when she gets out, so you can continue to do so if you would like.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Ty ladies, lots of pics for sure! I can do a pretend framed pic with luna pic...pic of a framed pic lol
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• theres not much i can say about this but if this ever happed to me i would pray my baby go to someone like you! i know i would charish you doin this for me as im sure she will to..you have a great heart..good luck and congrats with your new member to the family
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Aww, that is such a nice idea to send her a card and a picture. Try to keep in mind that it is not your fault and that this would happen even if you were not around. But it is obvious you are a very caring person and want to make it easier for her if you can. I'm sure it must be a great comfort to her to know you are going to take good care of the children and be a great mom to them. I can also understand that this is a bittersweet time as well for everyone involved.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• thank you Confused. It is a very happy and sad time. This would be happening if I had our baby or if the system had him. I am soooooooooooo grateful to have the opportunity to raise him and his brother or sister who is due in November. I am also grateful that we can go through this with the biomom (my distant cousin) and that is it not a angry, spiteful situation.....so very grateful!

ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011