Do u feel u have to go to church to be a believer?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO! Faith is in your heart not a building. I think it has it's place for personal growth and building relationships with other who share your faith but it is not required by any means.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Faith is in the heart. That doesn't leave you. If you find a good church it's wonderful to go and fellowship. churches are made up of imperfect people. You go seeking perfection; you better go looking for God. Ok I won't ramble I'm too good at that LOL No, going to church doesn't make you a believer no more than sitting in a garage makes you a car. It's in the heart
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• To be a believer? No. To be a follower? Yes.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• NO - you can believe simply by doing so. Church is where you gather with other believers and in some cases teach/learn further.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• The body is the church... ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No... were I go has nothing to do with what i think and believe. I can think and believe any place I am.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 11:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No, I don't believe that going to church is a requirement for belief.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My beliefs require no church... So no.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No, but I think going to church is beneficial. In Sunday School, you can gain more knowledge of Scripture than you can by reading on your own (at least I think so anyway) and you can hear other points of view. Corporate praise and worship of our Lord does so much to lift our own spirits. Plus, having a church family is wonderful for so many reasons. I don't understand why a believer wouldn't want to be part of something like that.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 4:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You can be a believer anywhere, I suppose. But the Bible says that Christ has set His people together in a body called the church. It further states that the work is to be done by that Body, not by individuals per se, and that each member has been placed in its role by Christ Himself. Therefore, to be an active, growing, contributing member of the body, one has to be attached to it. Think of it like your hand. If you cut your hand off from the rest of your body, what could your hand be able to do? Nothing. The same is true of the body of Christ. To be an effective Christian, it is necessary to be attached to the rest of the Body and to use the giftedness for the role Christ has created you for. That's the way God designed it, and there are some people who absolutely are physically unable to attend church on a regular basis. I don't think God punishes those people, but I think they still have their role to play.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011