Where do i dispose of old motor oil?

When I purchased my home my garage had a bunch of old oil in containers I need to get rid of it

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Did you know that motor oil dumped into standing water KILLS mosquito nests and they can no longer breed? just sayn' AND NO-I've never done it but I know this is true.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• most auto parts stores will take it for free or a very small free....and some landfills (dumps) also have a special place to turn it in....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i think wal mart can dispose of it for you..also auto zone and car x id just call and check
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• what was said by the prior posters. There's places that recycle
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Auto Zone, Jiffy Lube, WalMarts that have tire and oil service, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Like the others said, places that change oil will take it off your hands. Our town also recycles it. We have to put it in old milk jugs and leave it out next to our recycling bin and they pick it up with the other recycling. Our trucks are pretty neat. The paper and cans go in the big bin and are dumped into the main part of the truck with an arm. Glass goes in a small container and the driver tosses it into another part of the truck. Oil in jugs gets put on the side of the truck (there's a little shelf for them). They also recycle batteries. We leave them in a ziplock on top of the recycling container and they take them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011