Should I name my son Jackson?

My husband's name is Michael and we're thinking of naming our son Jackson. What are your thoughts on that? I don't want to create issues by having Michael- Jackson in the family. We do call my husband Mike and I plan on calling the baby Jack sometimes. I just don't want to have people think about Michael Jackson everytime their names are used together. We have two other names that we like and are considering. Should we just stick with one of those to avoid the problem alltogether?
Thanks for your input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Baby Names

• I don't see how it's a problem. Michael Jackson was a very respected artist and is a legend. If anything, it'd be honorable. Like any super star, especially ones that started their career as a child, he did have some controversy in his life but did you notice the very warm praise and recognition that he received from the entire world AFTER his death?

If you like the name Jackson, use Jackson. If you like other names, use them. Don't let idiots alter what you want to name your son, regardless of how they view someone that 1. You never met, 2. Was a super star and everyone knew of. This is YOUR baby, not theirs.

GL!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think jackson is an excellent name!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I don't think it would really make a difference, most people aren't going to know his middle name anyway, unless he goes by his middle name, but then most people wouldn't know his first name. If you like it, then that's what you should name him. I agree that it's not a 'problem' giving him the same name as Michael Jackson.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Use it,I never heard of having Jackson for a first name,It seems good. May I ask the last name?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would've never thought of that. I don't see that being an issue. I see it being an issue is the baby's whole name was Michael Jackson, but since your DH's name is Michael and your son's name will be Jackson, I see no issues there.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I love Jackson, but how if you spelled it Jaxson?
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If your last name were Jackson, I'd say no, but don't worry about THAT.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If Jackson is the name you love then go with it, i see no problem with his dad being Mike or Michael and him being Jackson :)
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I dunno. What are the other choices? I'll tell you which I like best!

Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• The other two names we're considering are Adrian and Vincent. Our last name is Passanante
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011