At what point of your pregnancy did you stop working and why?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• 2-3 weeks before my due date with both of them the first because we were going to travel and the second because they asked me to due to insurance purposes.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my first pregnancy I was fired (wrongfully) from my job at about 3 months. With my second preg I was "let go" from a daycare (not enough business) when I was 4 months preg. I haven't been back to "work" since. My job now is more work! Stay-at-home-homeschool-mom-of-3, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I worked till the day before I had my son.
    Anonymous

• Well i live in germany, we have laws to protect pregnant women. They have to stop working 8weeks before due date and they are not allowed to come back until 6weeks after giving birth.

Certain jobs (e.g. nursing home employess) are not allowed to work anymore as soon as they know that they are pregnant. thats because of the risk of infections ect.)

of course they all get their full payment.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I found out I was pregnant in April (I was about 7 weeks then). I stopped working at the end of June because we moved to another town and I wasn't able to get a transfer. The new store refused to take me because I was pregnant. Booooo. Illegal, I know, but whatever. I've enjoyed my six months off, lol. I don't think I could've worked up until delivery anyway.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm 28 wks. and still working. I plan on working up until the very end, maybe even the day I go into labor! It helps that I work across the street from my hospital. I want to use all my maternity leave to be with my baby and so far haven't felt ill or anything. I have a very easy, light job (I work at a desk for 8 hrs), so it's not strenuous.
    Anonymous

• I worked up until the day before I had my son. I wish I had taken atleast a week to rest up and get things settled better though.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I was working the day I went into the hospital with my first. He was impatient and came 5 1/2 weeks early. I was home for 15 years after.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my first i worked the night before having her, and my water broke at 8 in the morning and i was suppose to go in at 10, but called and said, i think my water broke, if it didn't and if i just pee'd myself i'll be in but i'll be a little late. With this pregnancy i worked until i was about 3 months along, and took time off to finalize preparations on our wedding, and then the honeymoon, and then thanksgiving, and now christmas, and hubby is working like atleast 60 hours a week and we don't do daycare, we work alternating schedules. So it looks like i'll probably be staying home until after baby comes because it doesn't look like his job will be slowing down anytime soon.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my first, I went out of work on my due date. I regretted that afterward, because she came ten days late, and that was ten more days that I didnt get to stay home with her (I had to return to work after 8 weeks). With my second, I was working on the day I had her, actually!
    ItsMeCaseyLynn

Answer by ItsMeCaseyLynn at 2:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008