Tubes in ears?

anyone get tubes in there kids ears? did it help with ear infections, and there speach? My daughter is getting tubes in her ears on tuesday, kinda nervous. But her ears are full of fluide, and it is affecting her speech, oh and she is two years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• What they don't tell u is the tubes seem to come out often and every time they do,it is surgery.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My kids never had tubes, but my great nephew did. He got quite a few ear infections, and they went with tubes. After the tubes were put in, he had a lot less ear infections (and other issues). His speech really took off after that as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My little guy just got his last week. He is 21 months old and completely non-verbal. He's had 8 infections since December. It has been 1 week and 4 days and he is yelling and saying mamamamama and babababa and ooooo oooo ahhhh mamabamabama!! It is music to my ears and bring me to tears!! His ears were constantly filled with fluid as well, but it has made a HUGE difference!!
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 1:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• "dancer" we were told that they would come out on their own in 6 months to 1 year and at that point we can decide whether or not they need to be replaced. I have heard of them coming out sooner than that though, but i hope they at least stay the 6 months for my little guy.
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 1:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My son has had tubes put in his ears 5 times. They came out. It really helps with the fluid. Nothing to worry about.
    irememberwhen59

Answer by irememberwhen59 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My youngest is on his 6th set....they make a HUGE difference and the surgery itself is only about 10-15 minutes.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 1:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My oldest had 2 sets, my granddaughter had 2 sets. As sonn as tubes were in ear infections stopped. Within 3 weeks of them coming out they were reinfected. They were wonderful. My children quit being sick all the time and I didn't have to make constant Dr appts or spoon antibiotics.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My son is 3, he's had tubes since he was 8 mos old. It has saved us tons of sleepless nites and mult antibiotics. I hope it works out for u like it did us.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My oldest got them put in just before she turned 2 due to the amount of ear infections she was getting. She was on non-stop medications. It was such a quick procedure, maybe 20 minutes and after that, no more ear infections. They took a long time to fall out, one about 1 1/2 years after, the other about 2 years. After they came out the ear infections never came back. Good luck and I hope they work just as well for your little one.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 2:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• megs2boys- All I know is this one women has a daughter and every time her tubes fell out her ears would fill with fluid. She had to keep having new tubes put in.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011