My 5 yr. Anniversary is this Friday, any ideas??

Grandma said she'll take the kids off our hands for a few hours either Friday night or anytime Saturday. What should we do, where should we go to make it really great and memorable?

momov4kids

Asked by momov4kids at 1:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Happy anniversary!!! Lately for our anniversary hubs and I will drop the kids off at my mom's and then we go out to a nice restaurant for supper, and sometimes we will find other things to do as well-- like maybe take in a movie, or see if there is anything interesting going on (like see if any local clubs have any good bands playing, or see if there are any concerts in the park, different summer activities- like paddle boats..). We have our 20th anniversary this month and I am trying to talk hubby into going on a dinner/river boat cruise. I was on it with my mom and it was really fun, I think hubs would enjoy it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• get out an spent time with each other an try to spreak up the love life cuz from a parent it would be nice for that special time together. hope this helps
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 1:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• do something exciting... like a theme park or something!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Happy Anniversary! One thing to consider is going nowhere. How often do you guys get the house to yourselves? I'm not talking about cleaning the garage or anything like that, but since you'll only have a few hours, why not do the romantic thing at home with a nice (takeout) dinner or whatever you want. At home you can be spontaneous which is something we don't get to be very often once we have kids. Making out on the couch can be a lot of fun
    LoriSnyder

Answer by LoriSnyder at 1:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thank you for the ideas, they are great! I'm going to check out what's going on in my area for events this weekend. I LOVE the dinner/river boat idea! There are two close by me, but they are pricey, gonna keep it in the back of my mind though for another night out in the future. The theme park is another great idea, there is one nearby, we might do that if there's nothing going on in town that suits our tastes. We've done takeout at home before, it's always nice to have the house without the kids.
    momov4kids

Comment by momov4kids (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011