Are you taking anything for the constipation? If so, what??? Sorry TMI! adult content

Ever since I entered my third trimester I've been having trouble going =(

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used to have that problem all the time until I started taking extra fiber. I didn't know we needed at least 35 grams a day which isn't easy to do with diet alone. I take Fiberwise and I love it. You can also try benefiber or metamucil. Just make sure you get those 35 grams....but don't add it all at once or you'll feel bloated. Gradually up your fiber over the course of a few days or a week and you should feel better soon.
    LoriSnyder

Answer by LoriSnyder at 2:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• oh i dunno...i drink a lot of coffee, so I'm pretty regular hahahaha
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• with my last pregnancy I just used a generic stool softener. this time, I'm taking prenatal vitamins with NO IRON. My iron level is just fine, and having extra just makes me constipated. If it's really bad and a stool softener doesn't help, you can take a laxative called "correctol", it's a gentle women's laxative that works without making you cramp.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• eat lots of fruits and veggies and that will help
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Prune juice, it's a miracle!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You can take over the counter stool softener. It takes any where from 12 - 72 hours to kick in but its way worth it. Take 2 pills every night for a few days and then every other day after that to keep it in your system. If you shop at Walmart the off brand is equate stool softener and it like $3 for 140 capsules. Do not take anything that is in liquid form without talking to your doctor first. Also you can increase fiber in your diet which will help as well. Hope I helped.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Fleet enema

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I taKe Flinstone vitamins because there is no iron! Increase your fiber intake too!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 4:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thank you ladies. Thankfully it hasn't been EVERY time i go...it's gotten better just gotta watch my diet.
    justme782

Comment by justme782 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011