Other people moving in...

We live with our in-laws. We help them out. However, I think they are about to let strangers move in and so this is a 4 bedroom house with already 7 people living in it. If they come in, it will be 10. I have already tolerated living with his parents and family for more than a year. I CANNOT and will not live with MORE people I don't even freakin know. Would anyone else put up with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Heck no and for me there is no way i would live with my in-laws that is drama in its self. Yeah you need tomove
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't but that means u probably would have to move out.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It is their house, and they are free to ask whoever they want to move in and live there. If you don't like it you could try having hubby talk to them and ask why they are thinking of doing this, and let them know you are both uncomfortable with strangers moving in. I would talk to hubby as well, and find out his feelings. If you are paying money to live there, maybe hubby could tell them that if they move in, you won't be paying a dime, and will be moving out asap. I would start saving up every dime I can get and start looking around to see what is out there and prepare to move out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Nope. I've done the co-living thing once with my own parents and it worked out well for us because we had everything spelled out as far as who paid what and when. I wouldn't have been happy if they had moved someone else in, especially a stranger. If you have an on-going arrangement and are regularly contributing to the household, you should have a say about who lives there just as you would in your own home. Do they know you aren't happy with the possibility of someone else moving in?
    LoriSnyder

Answer by LoriSnyder at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Its their home
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• no. i would move out.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If you live with them to help them out why do they need other people living with them? Do they need more money and charge them rent? Are they good friend of your in laws and in a bad situation and would not have another place to stay?
    If you dont like it have you talked to them about it? Other that that I woulnt not want it eithe rbut if its there house its nothing that you could so. Best would be to move out into your own place. Cause I dont like to live with a bunch of people I dont like anyone going thru my stuff or being able too.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No but I hate living with other people so would have worked as hard as I could to save up and get out

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If I had nowhere else to go, andmoney was tight, I would tolerate it, but if I felt I could not live with that many people, than I would hurry up and get my money right and move along.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Okay, so I found out that they are not moving in now. They were, but now have a place of their own. They did not know them, but it was only b/c they were from the same country as them and they just came to the U.S. I'm sorry, but just b/c they are from the same country of origin as you, and you DO NOT know them, doesn't mean you just invite them into your home. They are probably well meaning people, but they are strangers. So apparently they now feel the same and are not letting them stay here. I have enough of a problem living with the in-laws themselves, let alone someone else. My DH is just too darn comfy living with his in-laws. I was always taught, when you are old enough to support yourself, you have your own place.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011