Anyone here went into labor naturaly and had a pitocin induced labor???

I was just wondering about you ladies who have had both?? I have only had pitocin induced labor with all 3 of mine and im having a baby next month and want to go into labor all alone!! My ? is Was the natural labor a little easier than the induced one cause i know the pitocin made my labors just one big contraction with no breaks inbetween.... so what was the difference if any between pitocin and all natural??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I much much rather go into labor on my own than be induced. I was induced using pitocin after 12 hours of magnesium to stop my labor. My labor came to a grand total of damn near 24 hours before she was born. It was more painful, I felt more out of control and had a harder time getting my pain managble. I ended up using more pain relief than I had ever wanted to. When I was allowed to labor naturally and go at my own pace, my birth experence ws much more like how I had planned it. As both my daughters were early I will probly not be having anymore children but if I were I would do anything in my power to have natural lbor.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Well my water broke and they said i was naturally dialating, but my body wasn't having contractions. Atleast none that i could feel and they weren't showing up on the monitors. I was dialating 1 centimeter about every 4 hours so they said they were going to give me pitocin and it sucked. The contractions would come so suddenly and they wouldn't build at all, it was just bam, they're here and that wasn't fun. So i don't know in comparison to contractions otherwise. They said i would have probably eventually dialated all the way, but it would have taken quite some time and since my water had already broke, they didn't want to take the risk of me getting an infections.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• For me, yes. My first was induced at 41 weeks, one day. Labor was hard and fast--about six hours total, and I was pushing for two of them. She was 8 lb 9 oz, and I had a fourth-degree tear. My second labor started naturally on her due date--12 hours total. She came out in two pushes. 8 lb 10 oz, with a third-degree tear. I know they say that subsequent babies come easier, but I do think the pitocin made the first labor much rougher on me and the baby.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008