I want to lose weight. What do u think?

Okay so I'm 5'2" 147lbs and I'm 26. I'd like to lose 10lbs. Sounds realistic right? So I'm considering running? Any tips on how long I should run for how many days a week is realistic? I'm thinking running after dinner would be a good idea. And do u have any tips on what kind of running sneakers I should buy?

2soon

Asked by 2soon at 12:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I would go to foot locker and get thier advice thats what i always do when i start working out!! also i would not run right after eating i always found first thing in the morning was best and then eat a good breakfast!! look luck 10 pounds should be cake!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Google "Couch potato to 5K run".
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have a few tips to give you. Eat smaller portioned dinners and always eat before 7pm. Wait about 30 minutes before you start running to avoid cramping, amke sure you stretch, andid start with a brisk walk for 10 minutes to get your blodd going, then move to a jog. Jog for a few days to get your body used to it, then slowly work your way up to a run. I would walk/jog every other day, and walk/run the other day. Leave one day out, say Sunday where you just rest. Also you can try bike riding, if its not snowy where you live, or roller skating. Those are also good forms of exercise.
    Good luck!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm in the same boat, same height same weight. I used to be a runner, that's how I lost weight with my first baby. Got down to 118 pounds, all muscle. Running is a great form of exercise and very efficient. To get started again I walk for 3 minutes, jog for 3 minutes and so forth until I get back in shape. I lost weight by going 45 minutes 5 to 6 days a week. But I'm resistant to losing weight and I didn't want to diet. I think I read that you have to workout at least 30 minutes to start burning fat.. ouch. That is why I went to 45 minutes, worked fabulously. I intend to do it again so I can lose 30 pounds. Good luck.
    Cabominny

Answer by Cabominny at 1:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thanks for all the tips each one has provided me with where to go for my shoes, I googled the couch potato to 5k it was very informative, I will wait 30min after I eat cuz evenings really is the only time I have to run till the weekends and if Cabominny went down to 118lbs I can lose 10. Good luck to u too. Thanks ladies.
    2soon

Answer by 2soon at 2:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• dont run right after dinner, thatll make you puke (bad experience) try going in the morning before you eat and take a shower and stuff itll wake you up and youll feel good. you should probly run for 15 mins 5 times a week. after you feel you can do that with no problem go to 30 mins 5 times a week.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh no. if you want to run please run in the morning because that is the best time to burn energy. Dont workout so late at night because your body is so tired at the end of the day. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Eat meat like chicken, fish and low fat products. I am 5'3 and i weight about the same as you because I just gave birth 4 months ago. I was 130lbs before pregnancy but i was always active. Now i feel so damn fat and i want to lose 10lbs,too. I can help you with ideas if you want. My hubby sales gym equipments and lives in the gym constantly.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2008